Sunday, October 24, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Hello Day 1!

So you all know this 30 day blog challenge has been swirling about in the blogesphere- I'm not usually so awesome at challenges and generally they have the opposite effect of making me blog everyday. However, since my last attempt at a challenge I have discovered the joys of scheduled posting- so I might actually make it through this time. We shall see. I'm not sure where this challenge originated or who to give credit it to- so I'm not linking up to anyone. If this is YOUR challenge however, feel free to let me know and I'll give credit where credit is due. ( ;

Anyhow: The Challenge:

Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts


Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name

Day 3-Your first love

Day 4-Your parents

Day 5-Your siblings

Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy

Day 7-Favorite movies

Day 8-A place you've traveled to

Day 9-A picture of your friends

Day 10-Something you're afraid of

Day 11-Favorite tv shows

Day 12-What you believe

Day 13-Goals

Day 14-A picture you love

Day 15-Bible verse

Day 16-Dream house

Day 17-Something you're looking forward to

Day 18-Something you regret

Day 19-Something you miss

Day 20-Nicknames

Day 21-Picture of yourself

Day 22-Favorite city

Day 23-Favorite vacation

Day 24-Something you've learned

Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs

Day 26-Picture of your family

Day 27-Pets

Day 28-Something that stresses you out

Day 29-3 Wishes

Day 30-a picture
 
 
Miss Amber Lane Day 1:
 
 
My name is Amber. I'm 26, recently married, and all kinds of awesome if I do say so myself.

1. I have a degree in Theater with a minor in Arts Management from Miami University (of Ohio). I also took a thematic sequence in Gerontology. I used to think I was going to be Miss Broadway superstar but real life was much more glam (amirite?) Currently I am working as Director of Activities for a senior living community. Talk about create your own path huh?

2. I am wierd about my hands. I don't like them to get wet if I don't immediately have lotion to put on them when they dry. I also don't touch certain things when my hands have been wet recently- like paper- for some reason it makes my skin crawl

3. I've never seen Twilight or Harry Potter or read either of them

4. I have lost something like 56 lbs since January of last year- I used weight watchers points system but never set foot in a meeting - or a gym- everything happened through portion control, counting points and getting my ass up off the couch for walks, exercise dvds, cleaning, etc.

5. My favorite color is pink. Pink, pink, and more pink!

6. Favorite candy reeses peanut butter cups or hershey chocolate. Don't get much of either these days. Also LOVE Tabasco jelly beans and jolly rancher gummies.

7. I consider myself to have a highly versatile taste in music. This morning I was listening to Jimmi Hendrix and the Doors on the way to work - on the way home it will probably be Christina Aguilera and Lady Gaga and tomorrow Rascal Flatts- lol. I grew up in a very musical family- we all sing and most of us play at least one instrument. I personally sing and play the flute. I have a guitar that I never learned to play but would still like to. I think this lends its self to my music taste.

8. I can't figure out how to eat grits...butter and sugar, salt and butter, butter and jam - how do you do it?

9. When I want popcorn at home I always pop it on the stove. No microwave pocorn for me - I'm old school.

10. I have 5, count em' 5 cats. Ben and I are both suckers: Izzy, Zoey, Bryndel, Rennie, and BG Snuggs.

11. Favorite Movies are pretty much brainless chick flicks: Clueless, Legally Blonde, Dirty Dancing, Two Weeks Notice, Love Actually, The Wedding Planner, Fried Green Tomatoes, and Dazed and Confused (a remnant from my stoner days lol). Movies to me are an escape from the everyday and I want something light hearted and fun.

12. I'm a magazine junky. I really should have gone into journalism or advertising or something. I know this may sound silly but magazines are organized the way I think. On the shelf under our coffee table right now I guarantee you would find the following mags: InStyle, Women's Health, Shape, Self, Lucky, Vogue, Weight Watchers, The Nest, and Playboy. And yes, they're all mine. Junky. You should have seen it when I was wedding planning. I had em all!

13. Favorite Smells: Fabric Softener, Crisp apples, Baby soap & powder, Calvin Klein Euphoria, moth balls and bleach - yeah I'm a wierdo.

14. I drive a 2001 Malibu with a turn signal that only works when it wants to and lipstick smears on the back windshield from my bridal party writing just married on it- WILL NOT COME OFF! I dream of a brand spanking new car- but that's not in my immediate future. We own my car free and clear.

15. Some of the things that Ben and I want to do before we start thinking about a baby Smith: Mardi Gras, Vegas, NYC, buy a house, pay off our debt to his parents and my college credit card, own a Louis Vuitton handbag ( not on credit), buy a big screen TV, lose the last 7-10 lbs and do a nekkid photo shoot, watch The Wizard of Oz while listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and smoking hookah, and probably a whole lot more if we ever really stopped and thought about it.

Day 1 - that's a wrap!

Hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about me. See ya manana!

Miss Amber Lane

(You think one day I should change my signature to MRS. Amber Lane?)

Nah.... ( :

4 comments:

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Love it! This challenege is so fun! (although I have fallen a day behind ALREADY! Ooops!)
Hope you had a great weekend, Amber!

LC @ Old House Now said...

I love reading everyone's random 15! The one about your car cracked me up.... my car, too, is old and lacking in the fancy department. As much as I would love something new and shiny... I love not having a car payment even more :)

Traci said...

I love reading the random posts! I'm a Louisiana girl & grits MUST be eaten with butter & salt. I've never heard of eating them any other way.

Rachel said...

Sassy Mouf,

How many times do I have to tell you: Grits with cheese! Next time you're down here (perhaps when you're in town for the Mardi Gras) I will cook up some of Papa Tom's grits for you. It will be epic.