I've been waiting quite awhile for someone to bestow this cute award on me so imagine my delight and surprise when A Blonde Ambition left me a love note letting me know that she selected me as one of her lucky recipients!
The rules of this award state that I must let you in on 7 little secrets about moi in order to accept. Its going to be a challenge coming up with even more juicy little tid-bits that you don't already know but I'm going to give it a shot:
1. You may or may not have already gathered this about me if you've been a follower for awhile but in high school I was a: cheerleader, flute player, vocalist, show choir nerd, newspaper staff member, thespian society member, drama club loser, creative writing publication writer, mellaphone player, softball second base(wo)man, colorguard flagging, A+ Spanish student, overachiever and I'm so proud to say I had my hands in all of that at one point or another- it made me impossible to type cast or clique! I had friends in all areas!
2. I'm actually a pretty stellar singer (if I do say so myself) I've performed in multiple foreign countries and at pro sporting events...but these days just like to knock em' dead at karaoke.
3. I have major girl crushes on: Christina Aguilera, Pink, Bridget Marquardt, Ellen Degeneres, Scarlet Johanson, and Drew Barrymore. I think all of these women are amazing in their field (ok well I just think Bridget and I would be bffs) and are incredibly talented and beautiful!
4. I can't do a non-girl push up to save my life- that's one thing The 30 Day Shred taught me!
5. I'm a major contradiction of myself these days. Some days I feel like little susie homemaker with dinner on the table at 6:30 sharp and a coupon clipping, recipe trading, Bree Vandekamp imitating existance that strives for perfection. Other days I long for my life to imitate the pin-ups of days gone by with a home dripping with satin and leopard fabrics, a lover that sends me roses, and an unmistakible magnetism that makes men and women fall at my red lacquered toes- while still other days I feel like a working woman at her best- stopping at Starbucks before a jam-packed work day that has me dragging my tired ass home well after dark. I guess that's what being at a quarter century does to you.
6. I am ridiculously resistant to anything that is "All The Rage" for just a few examples I avoid at all costs: Twilight, Harry Potter, Coffee (yeah my Starbucks runs are for Green Tea), Gossip Girl, Taylor Swift, American Idol, and the Bachelor. Would I like some of these things if I tried them? I'm sure. I'm just not going to try them.
7. When I was a teen I began reading V.C Andrews novels starting with The Flowers in the Attic Series. In her 4th novel in the series she created a teenage character who always matched from the inside out. Meaning her underpants always matched her outfits. As a teenager I thought that sounded like the epitome of put-togetherness therefore I strived for that. To this day I still dress this way - not always but I guarantee you if I have panties the same color as my shirt I'm going to have them on. Sadly enough in elementary school I used to worry that someday for some reason I would be seen in my underwear in class and that I should always have cute, matching ones on- therfore now I usually do. Sad. I know.
Now, I get to give this award to 7 other bloggers! Here are the rules for passing the torch below:
1-Thank the person who nominated you for this award. 2-Copy the logo and place it on your blog. 3-Link to the person who nominated you for this award. 4-Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know. 5-Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers. 6-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. 7-Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated.
Now here are 7 fantabulous blogs that you can enjoy! There are so many more out there that I love and read daily. Give these ladies some love:
This week has been long, exhausting, gloomy, and draining and I don't know about ya'll, but I'm ready for a reboot!
But first I have to get through today - another gloomy day in Southern Ohio. My work day is threatening to last until nearly 7pm again due to more volunteer training - is it bad that I'm considering rescheduling them because I've simply had enough of my work place this week?
I guess I'll make that decision a little bit later.
I'm happy to report that a new blogger friend of mine Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition has bestowed an award upon me that I am super excited to share and pass on to all of you. However I should've left for work 15 minutes ago and all the tagging/coming up with 7 unknown facts about myself, is a little more than I can process over a whole grain waffle so you'll have to stay tuned to get the nitty gritty details!
First of all I want to share with everyone that I am super excited to find out this evening that I am the winner of this giveaway @ Young, Fabulous, and Pregnant ! Big thanks to that pretty lady! I'm so excited to receive all the fabulous goodies! If you haven't checked her out over there I recommend going immediately- she definitely lives up to her blog title!
Now...what's going on with moi? Glad you asked.
The busy-ness I was telling you about a couple days ago has unfortunately not gone away. My work has been like a black hole lately- it just keeps sucking me back in. I think I'm leaving for the day...wrong. I think I'm taking lunch....wrong. It just seems that with the onset of the fall comes the onset of lots and lots to do.
I'm taking it one step at a time.
The good news though is that Wednesday night is coming to a close and only two work days lie between me and a relaxing weekend which I cannot wait for. Saturday early I'm going shopping with Meg to help her choose and outfit for her bachelorette party on the 3rd then I am planning on R&R with Boo the rest of the weekend . I'm thinking dinner Saturday and a movie or maybe dinner and Homearama. I've never been to one but it sounds fun to tour brand new state of the art homes.
Sunday I know for sure its going to be sleeping in and being a homebody and I'm cool with that!
New TV this week has not failed me. Dancing With The Stars this season is going to be so much fun although a three day premiere is a bit over kill. I'm behind a day so I won't know until tomorrow sometime who was eliminated tonight- so don't tell me.
Without taking their dance skills into consideration I'm a big fan of Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Balis. I grew up on Clarissa Explains it All and I think Mark is adorable. So I of course have to root them on! After seeing everyone dance though I really like: Maya and Kelly Osbourne (who knew) for some reason her performances and her reactions after- were priceless!
I'm looking forward to Grey's tomorrow and hoping,hoping that this season finds the spark that the last couple of seasons have been missing. I've always loved Grey's but whatsagoingon?
I'm also looking forward to many other shows- so many in fact that I'm beginning to think about NOT watching some of them. The DVR is full and I can't keep up. I'm planning to stick to my tried and trues- check out the newbies and cut accordingly following. I mean girlfriends got to have time for other things...such as:
The 30 Day Shred. I told you a few months ago that I jumped on the bandwagon and bought the DVD. Well, it wasn't until yesterday that I opened it- and the can of worms that comes with it. I am amazed at how much a 20 minute workout kicks my ass! Yesterday after my first time with level 1 I sat in the middle of my living room floor and considered whether I was going to puke or not and if I would ever actually be able to stand again. Luckily both of those feeling passed rather quickly and I was able to finish my night.
Cut to this morning: Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! My thighs were burning, my arms and back ached, and my abs.... I actually felt my abs! So while I ached througout the day I secretly relished the burn because I knew that meant it was working. I knew I had to come home and get right to it or I never would put the DVD in again so that's just what I did- except this time I took a prisoner. Boo and I did the Shred together. The second time through was much less painful and actually eliminated some of my achiness from the day before (some). Boo on the other hand did not fare so well- that's what he gets for giggling at me yesterday! But tomorrow is another day and he's game to go again as am I.
I hear day 3 is the achiest of them all so be thinking of me tomorrow...I'm bound and determined to make it through the 30 days with out fail so I'm going to need to feel the love!
(PS anyone whose ever been through level 1 have any tips on how to make it through the push ups when you start with arms whose muscles are on fire when you start?)
Well this has gotten longer than I've intended and I'm getting pretty darn sleepy. So for now I say goodnight! Hope everyone is having a stellar week. Here's to making it through Friday!
Sorry about the lull in my blogging of late, its been a very busy end of week/weekend.
Just like I feared, my first week back from vacation last week at work was super busy. I trained 6 ... count em' 6 new volunteers and worked 11 hour days more than once (and when you have a commute as long as mine that translates into almost 13 hours total!)
This weekend unfortunately did not offer me the rest and relaxation that I so badly needed. Nope, instead I woke up bright and early Saturday morning, packed my overnight bag and headed the 1.5 hr to Columbus to pick up Jessica who had just flown in from Arizona and we were on the road for another hour before arriving in Belfountain, Ohio where I was to be her date at the wedding of a girl I only met a few times in college. I knew a few people there and the food and drinks were abundant so I ended up having a pretty good time while there.
Crashed around 3am, woke up around 10:30 shook off the ickiness of too many vodka cranberries with a big ice water and a toasted bagel and I was on the road back towards home - another 2 hour drive that deposited me back home around 2pm (after a stop at Macys to pay my bill) to watch the 2nd half of the Bengals game with Ben and Will ( who-dey) then take a two hour nap until Emily showed up and we watched the Emmys together -( good show last night yes? ) and I was back in bed immediately following....and now here I am .."buckling down" back here at work.
So needless to say, I am not well rested.
But the good news is- its TV homecoming week so when I get home tonight its shower, pjs, then How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Dancing With The Stars, and House!!!
How will we ever fit it all in?
I don't know...but I will...along with some much needed snuggling with Boo - in the past two weeks the only time we've seen each other alone was at night after work when I'm already super cranky and tired - because we have had house guests (waves hi to Miss Rachel Ann) drunken crashers (Megan) and premium cable watching, hangers on (Emily). I'm thinking that after a shopping trip with Meg next Saturday I need to reserve the evening for date night with my mans.
In my most simple form I am an explosion of endearing quirks and delightfully glamorous tendencies. Some of my most wonderful talents and qualities include but of course are not limited to: cracking an egg with one hand, applying mascara without a mirror, freakishly perfect and neat printing skills, a completely unashamed love for incredibly girly and sometimes questionably un-adult things (if my choice of paper clips happens to be silver or pink- I'm always going to go for the pink) a never-ending devotion to all things stationary (planners, notepads, greeting cards, post-it notes)My love of both The Girls Next Door and John and Kate + Eight and desire to live both lifestyles simultaneously (well, with far fewer children than 8!) an admitted addiction to cosmetics,lotions, and potions, and of course the pretty fingers that type the thoughtful words that bring this blog to you today-XOXO!