So...... wierd. I've never set a weight loss goal for myself and realistically followed it through. I am so darn proud of myself its ridiculous.
And I gotta be honest- though I've never really suffered from low self esteem - I feel awesome! Awesome-er than usual.
I'm not shying away from full body shot photos, I find that I am super confident, and I gotta be honest its not been so bad for my budoir life either. It feels...I feel pretty f*n good.
Now the big question stands to be posed: how much do I want to lose in total?
The BMI charts tell me that I should weigh something like 118 - which is never gonna happen- I would be a twig if I weighed that and lets be honest- I like being a touch curvy. So I can't go off the BMI who-ha.
What I can go off of is how I feel and I know that I'm not going to be completely satisfied with 35 lbs lost. So at least as my preliminary thoughts on the matter is that my next goal will be 15 lbs- which will bring my to an even 50 lbs lost. Again, there will be no time frame to lose that I will force myself into I'll just keep making it a part of my life to eat healthy and exercise - I mean its worked this far!
But I'm not going to put the cart before the horse- I still have 4 lbs to lose before I hit my first goal - so be thinking of me- I plan to hit it BEFORE I say, "I Do"....
1. Loving the season premiere of Dancing With The Stars! As a Cincinnati girl you know I gotta be rooting for Chad (Johnson) Ochocinco! I'm also scoping out the rest of the cast and picking my runners up.
2. Look What I Got:
Here's the foundation for our candy buffet- give or take a few containers. Now comes the hard part .... I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out if we are going to fill with only shades of pink candy or pink candies and multi-colored candies that have pink in them as well. After some research (AKA googling pics of candy buffets) it seems that as long as the wedding colors are the dominant colors in the candy and the ribbons/accessories/etc. the over all effect is the color you want.
3: Sample Bridesmaid Bouquets:
I'm pretty pleased with these!
4. Happy to report that I'm still shedding lbs. Although I have to admit that this past week was more of a struggle than any time prior. Not with food and what I was eating. It was more about being sick (I had major allergy issues last week and had almost NO voice for 3 days!) tired due to the time change, and major, MAJOR PMSy. My work outs have dwindled to almost nothing and though I'm still on plan and counting points- I've gotten much more fluent in doing it in my head and remembering so I'm not food journaling as I should be. All that stops today - work outs are resuming and sice its been over two months and my food journal is almost filled- I bought myself a cute new one to start over fresh today! Last time I had an official weigh in - the total loss had me down another two lbs. bringing me to 27 lbs lost total- but another issue I'm having is being too curious about my weight and how it fluxuates so I've been weighing myself too frequently and feeling like I eb and flow too much- so another goal for this week is to stick to my Friday morn. weight in and use that as my official "number"!
Bored of my weight loss blabber?
5. While I'm at it I have comparison pictures for you! They aren't full body pics but definitely show how my face and upper body have changed in the past several months :
Both pictures are from St. Patrick's day and I'm showing this one because I'm wearing the same outfit in both...keep in mind that in the 2009 picture I was off all day and spent lots of time getting ready to hit the bar with Bennyboo- in the 2010 picture- it was the end of the day, I had worked all day, and had some MAJOR allergy issues- Ok enough splainin'....
Now while I actually like the first picture of myself better makeup, hair, and otherwise - the weight change in my face, shoulders, and even boobs- rock my socks off!
Ya know...just to toot my own horn!
6. Random Pictures of Late:
7. My boss is officially gone- one week until a new boss - fingers crossed she's a good one! Assistant due to have her baby any time now - I'm not even going to mention how stressful the changes at work are right now.
8. 3 months and 3 days until the wedding! 1 month and 1 day until the first Bridal Shower!
9. Four day week this week- was off today because I worked all weekend. My girl Lindsey is getting married on Fri. looking forward to her wedding:
(Me and Linds circa 2007- ugh look how tan I was!!! Jealous of myself!)
10. And last but not least (because its bed time and I could go on for days) I have a hair apt. on Saturday...hollah!
In my most simple form I am an explosion of endearing quirks and delightfully glamorous tendencies. Some of my most wonderful talents and qualities include but of course are not limited to: cracking an egg with one hand, applying mascara without a mirror, freakishly perfect and neat printing skills, a completely unashamed love for incredibly girly and sometimes questionably un-adult things (if my choice of paper clips happens to be silver or pink- I'm always going to go for the pink) a never-ending devotion to all things stationary (planners, notepads, greeting cards, post-it notes)My love of both The Girls Next Door and John and Kate + Eight and desire to live both lifestyles simultaneously (well, with far fewer children than 8!) an admitted addiction to cosmetics,lotions, and potions, and of course the pretty fingers that type the thoughtful words that bring this blog to you today-XOXO!