Saturday, October 30, 2010

20 Day Challenge; Day 8



A Place I've Traveled:

So in 2005 I contracted with a privately funded Children's Theater group that was run by a theater prof. at my school. Each contract bound you to the group for 1 full year and countless performances of a cute little show that seemed simple at first glance but was physically, crazy, demanding, and vocally draining. It was an operetta called: The Girl Who Sang Wolf and it was full on opera singing my friends.

The unique thing about joining the group was that the travel was stellar. We toured to Russia by way of Finland and Taiwan. Not to mention a three week mid-west tour.

Our group was unique because it was 6 chicks, all theater majors and basically all the same graduating class. Meaning: we already knew each other before joining the group and for the most part had A BLAST!

From top left: Natalie, Emily, Kat, Ashley, Jessica, and moi...yep we were roller skating!

All except Jess- headed to an Indians game on Mid West Tour..look at my hair back when I was a broke college student and did it myself...yikes!
On to the trips!

Russia:

Was beautiful. So mysterious and different. Loved visiting the Hermitage and The Church on Spilled Blood, and St Isaacs Cathedral.

Only problem was it was so darn cold you could hardly stand it: This was back before I had a digital camera so my shots are limited:

Me twirling in palace square- the winter palace is to my left


Natalie and I in front of the large doors at St. Isaacs Cathedral 


Crazy Taxi Rides!


Taiwan:

Balmy, beautiful tropical weather in December....this one was niiiice!

The types of things you see just walking down the street...that and 7-11s!

Jess and I with our host family

These trips are what cemented our friendship

The girls in Taiwan 
Since those trips my adventures have been much smaller: Florida, Myrtle Beach, Charlotte, NC, Baton Rouge, New Orleans....can't wait for a big trip again someday!

Much Love Always!

Miss Amber Lane 

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How amazing! I think going to Russia would be fantastic!

SkinnyMeg said...

That looks like it was crazy fun!! I would have loved to travel with friends like that!!!