Monday, April 6, 2009

Opening Day - Hooray?


This morning as I'm driving to work every radio station in the area is announcing that today is the Cincinnati Reds Opening Day.

Great, I'm thinking as I cruise South on the highway - that means I'll have to take the long way home instead of driving through the city so that I'll be sure to miss all of the extra traffic.

I drive the rest of the way without giving the occasion an extra thought. Who cares about baseball if you can't actually go to the game?

Apparantly everyone. After I arrived at my place of employment I went to our daily morning meeting. After I called everyone's attention to an event occuring later in the week - my boss goes, "And today for opening day?"

Crickets. I planned nothing for The Cincinnati Reds Opening Day. It never even occured to me. I'm a bad activities director. After being told that we needed to make something happen we (assistant and myself) sprang to action.

Thus began the scramble for making Opening Day a success. We bought peanuts, cracker jacks, corn dogs, and nachos. Blew up red and white balloons and I wore a baseball cap - gross.

From noon until ... well the game is still on now- I've been subject to the boredom that is baseball on TV- I've dished up all the ball park favorites - and eaten way too much of them myself. I cut baseballs out of white poster board and a "Let's Go Reds" message out of red construction paper. I am officially baseballed out and its only the first day of the season.

The residents have had a good time though - and that's all that matters.

But if I see another corndog again today I am going to vomit.




Maybe more later or maybe I'll be in a corn dog induced coma.

L8ter G8ters

Miss Amber Lane

Today I'm Feeling: Spirited, Stuffed, Bad At My Job

2 comments:

Barry Floore said...

You know, once my dear friend and I were at work (at a similar place like it sounds like you work) and we're chatting about our days and we both suddenly realize ...

... OMG IT'S THE SUPER BOWL TODAY AND WE HAVE NOTHING PLANNED.

Trust. I know how you feel.

Liana said...

yay for pulling it all together!! you're better on your feet than i would be! i love your layout to!!