Sarcastically Optimistic is having a free-for-all with the awards that she's been given so I have taken it upon myself to award.....erm....myself! (Yay Me!) I mean I'm not a total cow- she did say they were for any and everyone...so without further ado. My awards:
To accept this award I must list 5 sexy things about myself- which of course I can do in a snap (wink- wink).
1. I can kick anyone's ass at Dr. Mario...yep that's right old school Nintendo style- if you don't think that's sexy ask my Bennyboo who LOVES to brag to his friends that I have mad gaming skills.
2. I'm not afraid to be who I am and ask forgiveness from no one (except God sometimes of course for my many indiscretions ( : )
3. I'm accomplished, successful, and independent yet have no problems asking for help or for the expertise of others...baby can't be good at everything
4. I mean I suppose I have to mention some physical attributes as well amongst my best I would have to say: eyes, hair, skin (lately I've been told I have a great complexion ...mostly from my lovely senior ladies at work) and of course....boobies.
5. I'm open about sex and have an adventurous, realistic view on the matter- I also don't take any of it too seriously- I have no problems appreciating other women's sex appeal and appreciating that we're all allowed to have our fetishes and none of them (well mostly none) make any of us freaks- I'm a bit of a Samantha minus the infidelity.
Now before you consider me too vain I present myself the second award:
To have this honor bestowed upon me I most list 10 things that are NOT so cute about me:
1. My car- as organized and clean as I am in my regular life I can not say the same of my car. I spend about an hour and a half in my car a day just in travel to and from work- I eat, drink, live, breathe inside that car and I've got the crumbs and litter to prove it...yucky.
2. I throw tantrums- sometimes I throw things and say things just to get people mad at me and by people I mean my mom and Ben...the two I love most in life and unfortunately they suffer my wrath like none other.
3. You can take this as you will: I frequently don't wash my hands in public bathrooms.... I think they are so dirty so I always carry hand sanitizer in my purse and use that instead I always wonder what other ladies think of me when I walk out without touching the sink- I promise- I sanitize but the perception that I don't---not cute.
4. I reuse disposable water bottles way longer than those in the know say you should
5. I have a big brown mole on the back of neck- Ben says its not cute...maybe its cancer
6. I fight cat hair on my clothes by carrying a lint roller in my purse- doesn't work- cat hair wins
7. Sometimes I drool in my sleep
8. I can be the slightest bit vain at times but not in a snotty way- I'm just particular about how I present myself to the world- I think sometimes my more casual dressing, not so makeup-ified friends get annoyed with that
9. The bottoms of my feet- SO not cute- even pedicures don't help
10. My chin- I hate it- I've been told its distinguishing...I think its just big
I only have 8 "declared" followers so I tag all of you who are "followers" of Miss Amber Lane.
If you are reading but are not following...quit lurking and jump on the bandwagon! I'm really quite nice and I need the ego boost to push me along on this journey!
In other news work today was a beast but at least it went by quickly- tomorrow should be a hairy scary day I'm just going to grin a bare it- maybe more on that depending on how it goes.
Oh and did I mention I got a raise last week? Yup a whopping 3%. Oh well...its money!
After work I met Ben at home and we headed to Target for neccessities: Pine Sol, Kitty food, ink cartridge, bunny ears headband, you know the usual.
The dinner at IHop.
I needed a desk container for file folders so I popped into TJ max where I did find a hot pink faux python container just the right size for files. I also stumbled upon a huge selection of Hard Candy makeup. While I usually don't seek out Hard Candy fo my makeup; finding eye shadow quads for $4.00 is reason enough to buy one in every color family:
(Not pictures: Sonic)
I also snagged this teeny compact with eyeshadows, glosses, concealer, blush, mascara, and mini eyeliner perfect for carrying in my purse for makeup emergencies.
The colors are in actuality much better than this picture shows.
Then we came home- I applied my tooth whitening trays and began blogging away. Now I'm off to watch at least one DVR'd show before nighty night time. I'm pooped. Is it Friday yet?
Miss Amber Lane
Tonight I'm Feeling: Sleepy, Sore Throat-y, Content
2 days ago