The Fabulous Life of Jules was having a free-for-all of the Happy Award so I thought since I have nothing notable to write about today I would snag it up for a prompt. Thanks Jules for giving me something to write about!
The Rules for the Happy 101 Award I will list ten (10) things that make me happy and try to do at least one of those things today! Then I am going to list ten (10) bloggers that brighten my day. Then those people are supposed to pass it on. Easy! Fun! Let’s get started!
Ten (10) Things That Make Me Happy
1. Freshly washed sheets on my bed. I love the clean feel and the fresh smell of fabric softener. Clean laundry is probably one of my favorite smells ever!
2. Reading a really good book that I just can't tear myself away from. I haven't had one of those in awhile so I'm certainly taking recommendations!
3. Cooking and Baking (when I have the time - not usually on nights I'm rushed from work). I love to try new recipes and have people test my creations.
4. Pink stuff. I know that sounds silly but my mood level just elevates when I'm surrounded by lots of girly, frilly pink things. Yesterday while at Target Ben and I were perusing the Valentines decorations and I squealed every time we passed an end cap full of pink goodies. PS - GO TO TARGET for your Valentines Decor! So cute!!!
5. Back rubs. I trade household chores with Ben to get them. Fabulous.
6. Cosmetics. I love cosmetics and bath things. Unfortunately this happens to be one area that I consider myself a snob in. While I will shop at drug stores for a few items I fully believe in the quality of dept. store brands. My personal faves? Glad you asked: Smashbox, Clarins (their skin care is to die for) MAC, and Lorac. I've also been known to dapple in Stila (lip glazes) Nars (blush) Vincent Longo (lip vinyl), and Dior (Tinted Moisturizers)
7. Date days and nights with Bennyboo. While I can fully appreciate a day spent at home I'm more an out on the town kind of girl. Doesn't have to be fancy - breakfast and a matinee is fine by me!
8. Sushi. I don't get it very often but I love it. Same goes with Indian food, Japanese food and pretty much any type of food that's not fully Americanized. None of these places are very close to my home/work and Ben doesn't like them very well so I usually only get to eat there when I have a date with my mom!
9. Candles. I love candles and as I've mentioned before, Yankee has my heart. Take not gals Semi Annual Sale happening now! Also happening at Vicky C's, Bath and Body Works and White Barn Candle Co.
10. Ice Cream: I like ice cream better in the winter than in the summer- wierd quirk of mine huh? All time favorite Homemade Brands Cookies n Cream, followed by Choc, chip cookie dough, and Graters Black Rasberry Chip!
Ok gals- I'm going to put myself to the challenge today - not only am I going to try to do one of these things today - I'm going to go for all of them!
Feel free to grab this award if you want to - I'm off to make some happy!
In my most simple form I am an explosion of endearing quirks and delightfully glamorous tendencies. Some of my most wonderful talents and qualities include but of course are not limited to: cracking an egg with one hand, applying mascara without a mirror, freakishly perfect and neat printing skills, a completely unashamed love for incredibly girly and sometimes questionably un-adult things (if my choice of paper clips happens to be silver or pink- I'm always going to go for the pink) a never-ending devotion to all things stationary (planners, notepads, greeting cards, post-it notes)My love of both The Girls Next Door and John and Kate + Eight and desire to live both lifestyles simultaneously (well, with far fewer children than 8!) an admitted addiction to cosmetics,lotions, and potions, and of course the pretty fingers that type the thoughtful words that bring this blog to you today-XOXO!