Sunday, November 15, 2009

Disconnected

Ladies- do you ever feel like you and your sig. other are living in completely different universes?

Not the general Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus bru haha - but the idea that you are both under the same roof and just can't make a connection. He goes left you want to go right- he wants to go out you want to stay in, you want to watch a movie, he wants to watch some end of the world drama on the History channel. Your sending out quiet signals that your starved for affection and he misses them one by one by one.

That's how I've been feeling the last several days. I've felt it before and I know that it passes but right now I feel as though I could slip right out the front door and drive away and Ben wouldn't even notice until he came out of his computer room for a smoke. I'm half tempted to put my theory to the test....

Le sigh.

One of my biggest character flaws is that I crave attention . An ex boyfriend once said to me during a conversation long after we broke up; that he had forgotten how much attention I needed - and he didn't mean in a lavish me with gifts kind of way. I desire to constantly feel as though I am at the center of ones universe- that my someone is at my beck and call - but on the transverse of that - I subconsciously want to be able to shut them off when I'm feeling the need to be alone. Its an evil cycle and a trait I've tried desperately over the past 6 years to shake off. It really can make me quite ugly at times.

Anyway....

This weekend has been uneventful - but I supppose thats a good thing considering the holidays are abreast.

The coming week should be nothing short of hectic. Late nights Monday and Tuesday and an EXTREMELY late night Thursday for my family Thanksgiving party at work. I'm finally scheduling my much-needed reblonding session for this weekend as well as a mani, eyebrow waxing, and tanning session. I'm in need of a bit of pampering.

Anyhow I'm off. I hope everyone's weekends were great!

Much Love,

Miss Amber Lane

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving party at work? That's new for me, like a Christmas party? Dnagerous office romance and stuff?

Shannon Dew said...

We have been having one of those days as well. Let's hope it passes soon.

californiadreamin said...

I know exactly how you feel with having an off time with your man every now and again. Oh and umm, you and I have a lot in common with wanting a lot of attention ;)