Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Scattered Thoughts


1. Feeling much better today. Woke up this morning minus all the pressure in my head and face so thank God for that!

2. Busy work day today, busier work day tomorrow including: orienting a new volunteer, teaching the Activities class to a new batch of team members, finalizing the October calendar, and pushing forward with plans for the quarterly event that takes place in three weeks.

3. Loving the start of the fall season. Maybe its because as a culture we spend 13+ years of our life in school being conditioned to buckle down and get focused - but even though nothing has changed I can feel myself slipping back into a more structured routine and accomplishing more throughout my day. Can't wait until its chilly enough for my fall clothes.

4. My bff's wedding is getting closer and closer and I'm getting so excited for her! Problemo? Her cousin is her MOH and unfortunately seems to be dropping the ball for the bachelorette party and now Meg is looking to me to help throw her shingdig - which I really want to do - problem is me thinking that her MOH was in control scheduled my big work event for the afternoon of and I won't have any time for prep..... it will work its self out though I hope!

5. Glee....still not sure about it. The former musical theater major in me gets a sick little thrill from the song and dance and longs to be back at. The grown up in me thinks some of the musical numbers are a bit sad - especially when performed by their teacher....though part of me can't help but think Mathew Morrison is pretty darn cute when he's performing. The jury is still out on the show as a whole though.


6. Attending a wedding this weekend of a girl I don't really even know as the "date" of my friend Jessica. I need to find something to wear that helps me to maintain fabulosity but not stick out in a group of people I've never even met. Any thoughts?

7. I have eaten nothing but garbage all week - actually ever since my friend Miss Rachel Ann was in town and I didn't feel like cooking!

8. Is anyone else shamelessly geekd that Toy Story 1 and 2 are going to be showing as a double feature in 3d and that there is going to be a Toy Story 3? I was a teen when these movies first debuted but as everyone knows they're awesome, plus they remind me of my nephews when they were teeny- I wonder if they (now 14 and 12) would let their "old" Aunt Amber take them to see Toy Story now that their "all grown up"? Doubt it.

That's all. I don't have much to chit chat about. Hope everyone made it over another hump day unscathed.

Love!

Miss Amber Lane

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Can I borrow you as a "date" to a wedding where I ONLY know the bride?! LOL My Boyfriend has to work and backed out - then we can BOTH stand out yet look fabulous together :)