Friday, April 17, 2009

Grumpy


Me right now.

Invited Ma Mere over for dinner. It was lovely. For appetizers we had stuffed crab. The main course: Baked oysters, baked potatoes, and steamed asparagus.

Then we started browsing websites for wedding details: Photographers, honeymoons, etc.

The loveliness ended there.

"go to this site, go to that site, click on this, look at cruises ( I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT TO TAKE A CRUISE BY THE WAY) look at these pictures, you browse too fast, make the pictures bigger, make the print bigger, blah, blah, blah"

Aggravating. Then when I wanted to show her things I wanted her to see it was like talking to a small child with ADD.... and do you think she had anything positive to say about my visions?

Nope.

I show her pictures of rose bouquets...

"Well you know how I feel about roses....."

Doesn't matter mom...they're MY favorite flowers.

Tell her I think I want to accent my bubblegum pink with another shade of pink instead of a minty green (which I think would come across too preppy for my tastes)

"You're never going to find a pink that matches that bubblegum pink"

I don't want it to match mom I want it to accent....do you think green MATCHES pink?

NO!

It would be different (at least I keep telling myself it would be) if she was contributing monetarily to the wedding- but she's not...she's just soliciting advice and making it painfully clear that I'm going to have to find (LOTS) of errands to send her to do on our wedding day - or I just might strangle her.

I just might.

Le sigh.

I think my biggest problem is my mother and I are just alike.

I am going to bed. MOD this weekend.

I just love spending sunny spring weekends at work - LOVE it.

Goodnight.

Miss Amber Lane

Tonight I'm Feeling: Tired, Grumpy, Overwhelmed

No comments: