Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Give Yourself a Break Kid

I'm in one of those moods right now where, if I allowed myself, I could totally pick my self - no scratch that- MY ENTIRE LIFE to shreds and Mexican Hat Dance on the remains.

Perhaps this has something to do with my 6am wake up and 6:45 departure for my meeting. Perhaps it has even more to do with my looming visit from Auntie F- which may be the reason why I devoured the saltiest, chocolaty- est food possible today making that the third possible reason for my desire for self defamation at the given moment.

I'm not going to do it though - I'm not going to do it.

While finishing my winter/summer clothing change over before bed- I am not going to try on any more "skinny day" pants and push on my little muffin top from too much sodium intake aka PMB (pre-menstrual bloat).

I'm not going to stare at my bare legs and berate myself for not shaving everyday or be pissy because I sport scars from my days of hardcore outdoor play as a child.

I am not going to grump about getting rid of most of my summer clothes because I believe a lady of my age and profession (and bust size and soon-to-be changing marital status) needs to cover up, up top a bit more and show a little less hiney - not to mention that some of the tops I'm putting in the Goodwill bin, I've had since freshman year in college- AND I'm not going to feel sad because I haven't had the time/money to overhaul since that time.

I'm not going to stare at my dark roots in the mirror and curse Saturday's cut and color for being so far away.

I'm not going to do it.


NO MORE!

Instead, I'm going to finish my episode of Sex & The City, grab a nice tall glass of ice water, and take my ass to bed thinking I'm nothing other than the fabulous, intelligent, hot, woman that I am.

And that's alls I gots to say about that.

No comments: