Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Recap and An Update on The AWOL Husband Saga

Friday Night:

I headed out to Indiana for my friend Jen's bday celebration we went to dinner at El Reparo and ate yummy Mexican food. Then it was off to a bar called The Brickhouse that serves up THE BEST orange jello shots. Not going to lie - I had several. They use vanilla vodka and orange jello - tastes like a creamsicle. YUM! I was only in a couple of the pics she tagged on facebook:

Me and Jen (next to me) with some of her work friends - no idea on names

Yummy jello shots! Me and Jen, her husband Scott on far left and her friend Jen next to him- I think that's Scott's cousin next to me???

My big ole tipsy face!
Jen had a great time. It was one of those nights though where I didn't really know that many people and everyone was kind of doing their own things: the guys were playing pool, the girls Jen works with and Jen were...chatting mostly I think...and I may or may not have been on the dance floor solo working the "stanky leg" - I know how to get down!

That night I slept in an armchair so when I woke up the next morning I was definitely ready to gather my belongings, find a diet coke, and drive the 1.5 hrs home.

When I got home I crawled right back into bed and slept until like 4:30 in the afternoon which I never do - but you know what it was my first Saturday with Ben at work and it was kind of nice to laze around like the queen.

Speaking of Ben...


So you already know how the rest of my Saturday played out. Ben came home, had dinner, "glammed up" then left wifey at home to play with the boys....not returning home or calling even as of 6am on....


Let me set the scene. 6:30 Sunday morning I hear a car door slam outside my bedroom window. I dart down the stairs, to the front door, and peek out the blinds...yup its his car. I throw open the door and my husband is greeted by a wild haired, crazy woman wearing a white tank top and her underpants. The first words out of my mouth were,
"Are you serious?!?!?"

His diplomatic response...


Ding, ding, ding! Round 1.

It wasn't very pretty. I'm sure its pretty hard to look "bout it" in your underpants - but I think I pulled it off.

Long story short he f * ed up and now I get to spend the rest of my week before leaving for Louisiana with his lips glued to my ass. If he EVER does that to me help me.

We finally went to sleep at about 8 in the am. Waking up around 11am to clean up a bit and get ready for the Bengals game.

Bengals lost. Then the Reds lost the third game in the play-off series ending their World Series shot and thus it was a crappy sports day in Cincinnati.

We went to the grocery, took a nap, had breakfast for dinner, watched Dexter and were both out cold by 10:15.

Now its Monday. And I actually have ENERGY for the first time in days!

Woo Hoo! Now 3 work days and done until next Tuesday!

Happy Monday Everyone - Have a Fab Week!

Much Love Always!

Miss Amber Lane

PS: weighed in this weekend and hit my lowest number yet Sunday morning! Woo Hoo!


Shay said...

Im waiting for the hubs to pull one of those disappearing acts for a night... I know its coming and he had a close call once... Lucky for him he showed up before my temper flared for real

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Wow, I would have been so worried all night!

MrsMc_B said...

What tha 'eff?!?!?! I cannot believe he pulled that stunt! I am pissed off for you.