Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Fashion: Inspiration Meets Desire

We don't talk about it too terrible much here together but I have to tell you - I really love fashion.

Especially in the fall when the textures and colors get so much richer and luxe , and well you can actually put more clothes on - depending on what part of the world you're in anyway - Southern Ohio hit 96 degrees today (oof - the Boo and I are sleeping downstairs until a cold front rolls through - we've already stopped using our upstairs ac and only are running the downstairs).

Anyhow I digress. I thought for a change that I would share with you my own personal style and inspirations and the items that I am planning to add to my wardrobe for fall 2010 -
Especially dire this year since my closet is on empty thanks to my 53 lb weight loss ( I lost 3 lbs THIS WEEK!) since last I visited my cooler weather wardrobe. 

What is Miss Amber Lane's style you may ask?

Well when considering it- I came up with this:

If you were to take a pin-up girl.....

(classic)

(Modern Day)

Classic fashion icons such as Grace Kelly and Jackie Kennedy.....

(Timeless)

Toss in a little bit of spunk and unpredictability such as SJP...

(Love that she doesn't take herself too seriously)
And finally stir in a gal who themes her every outfit to the event....

(Say what you want Bridget is a girl after my own heart!)

You will find me....

 (USO dance @ Work: July )

 (On my way to work: July)

(New Orleans: September)

I'm certainly not a walking fashion plate but I definitely try to always be put together, dressed appropriately for the event, and to never take myself too seriously.

That being said here is what I'm loving for this season:

Pencil Skirts:


 Faux leather adds a little edge to this staple


Meow! 


                                               
I would pair that bold skirt with a classic black turtleneck ala Marilyn
                           

Love, love, love the back detail!


Textured Tights:



Love the first and second- this may be a one season only look- but I'll bite! This will help take my shorter skirts into fall!

Outerwear:


Love the structure, collar, and waist cinching belt

I already have this wrap- planning to pair it with a fun cloche hat like so....


Comfy Cozies:


Flyaway cardigans are so cozy


I like to lounge around in big soft sweaters/tshirts with no pants and colorful knee highs

Mixing My Sweet With Some Street:


Never thought I would like this look but I tried on a "shrunken" leather jacket and LOVED IT!

Also never really loved scarves but loving the look and eager to try it out!

Accessories:
Saw this Michael Kors bag at Dillards... It was love at first site!


Love the booties...Prada, unfortunately is a little too rich for my blood but I would love to find something similar at my price point!


Thigh high boots- Been lusting over them for years. Problem.. I have slim, shapely legs and they don't want to stay up on me- however I've never even considered wearing them with pants that might help (lol I'm such a hooker...revery back to my pin-up, playboy "inspiration" and you'll get it!)

Hair:


Someone you know may have gotten new hair similar to this- stay tuned for pics!

Messy but pulled together


The higher the hair, the closer to God!



Then of course there's the makeup....

But that's a whole other post for another day!

Happy Friday!

Much Love Always!

Miss Amber Lane 

No comments: