Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: Before & After Bridal Edition




Once upon a time a blonde bride-to-be wrote this post about the day that I found my wedding gown. I loved this dress the moment I slipped it on and the very best part about it (other than it made me feel like a princess) was that it was sold to me at a sample sale and was an additional 50% of the already 50% off price making the dress literally a steal.

Only problem is- the dress was at least one full size too small- if not more and there was only the one of them . I was still convinced that I should purchase the dress and that any seamstress worth her salt could rip out the zipper and corset me into the thing. So I bought it, brought it home and planned on having it altered to fit me.

The thing is- somewhere down the road and NOT just for the wedding, I decided to make some lifestyle choices that resulted in my loss of 48 lbs. in about 6 months time- it just so happens that it pleasantly coincided with my nuptials. By the time I was in fittings mode the dress went from needing to be let out 1/2 an inch in the bust, to fitting perfect, to needing to be taken in, to needing to be taken in AGAIN. It was frustrating- but also delightful!

Since I've never really done a weight loss before and after I thought what's a better way to share my weight loss successes than to show you pictures from the first time I tried my dress on and on my wedding day!

The Bodice Before:



And After


The Full Front Before:


And After (x3)



From The Side Before:


And After (x2)



From The Back Before:

(notice how it was clamped "shut")


And After (x2)




Gotta tell ya girls... I feel smug - just because it was a lot of hard work and these pictures are just validation that it all paid off!

But I'm not done yet- I have physical goals that don't necessarily mean taking off more lbs (although I do think 10 more would be perfectly welcome in my book) that I plan to meet in the future. I'll share those with you soon- I'm easing my way back into being a good blogger- I'll get there soon!

In the meantime!

Much Love Always!

Miss Amber Lane

6 comments:

Shay said...

Adorable story!! You looked great and what a great story to tell about weight loss!!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

This is AWESOME and I have to say, I am totally inspired right now. WAY TO GO! You looked fantastic and so beautiful!

Dinda Sheeva Wedding Gowns Blogger said...

Thanks for this great story very inspired and you looks so beautiful For the good reference about wedding gown prices, tips and articles please visit http://wedding-dress-trends.blogspot.com/

Katy said...

Gorgeous girl!

MrsMc_B said...

I've said it before and I have to say it again - YOU LOOK WONDERFUL!! And the dress if beautiful too.

5th Belle Avenue said...

GORGEOUS dress!! I loveeee that style! Thanks for your input on the babymoon - I am so appreciative of all the thoughts and advice!