Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Things You May Or May Not Know About Me

In leiu of a "real post" since I seem to be perpetually blocked lately - I thought I would share with you as many random things about myself that I can think of within the length of a 10 minute break.

So here goes:

1. Unless its the dead of winter and FREEZING outside I use my AC when driving in the car. I hate the whistling noise having windows down on the highway makes and I can't stand feeling like I'm getting no air!

2. When I order a burger I order EVERYTHING on the side or completely plain. Always have - the main reason- I hate warm condiments. I love ketchup but as soon as its warm it makes me yack- and don't even get me started on yellow mustard

3. I have nearly infinite patience with the residents at my job- but when it comes to people on the outside world- forget it.

4. I always have my fingernails done but often times my toe nails look like crap.

5. I get a Venti Green Iced Tea Unsweetened and add 4 Splendas to it every morning from Starbucks- all the girls know my order and pretty much have it waiting for me when I arrive each day!

6. I recently bought the new Candice Bushnell YA novel The Carrie Diaries but haven't quite started reading it yet. Even though its for young adults how could you not read it if your a SATC fan? Also I have read several books by Candace Bushnell and actually think she's a pretty awful writer....but like I said...how could you not?

7. I just found out today I am the lowest paid of any of the other coordinators at my work and the ONLY one with a Bachelors degree. Can we say- not getting paid what I am worth?

8. I make the bed before getting in every night- if its not already made from the morning

9. I watch re-runs of Boy Meets World and Sabrina the Teenage Witch when getting ready for work in the morning

10. I am a magazine junky. I will buy almost any magazine that looks remotely interesting- sometimes I read them and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I choose which magazine to purchase based on how I think people will view me when I carry it around - depends on how snooty I'm feeling!

11. If ever I had the right body/look I would pose naked for Playboy without so much as batting an eyelash!

12. My casual china pattern is Lenox Butterfly Meadow and my dream kitchen would be painted buttercup yellow and have retro pink appliances

13. I love cottage cheese!

14. I think I have the smallest bladder of any person ever!

15. I wear a 7-7.5 shoe

16. I buy something new to wear almost every single time I have any type of anything coming up - and I try to theme the outfit to the location/event/etc.

17. I subconsciously match the color of my panties to the color of my outfit

18. My favorite part of losing weight has been rediscovering my collar bone

19. I have freakishly neat hand writing

20. I like Hello Kitty

21. I play The Sims

22. I use Loreal Everstrong shampoo and conditioner currently and highly recommend it!

23. I like going to the tanning bed- more than any person should!

24. Some people say that I talk like I'm from NYC some people say I talk like I'm from Tennessee...everyone says that I talk really fast!

25. I sing opera...and I sing it pretty well...matter of fact I sing pretty well in general .. not to toot my own horn but toot toot!

Times up...that's all I've got for now- but at least its another post in the same week!

I'm looking forward to a hair apt. that I have tonight- the humidity is killing my hair lately and I actually have it all back in a head band right now - yikes!

Sigh. Yep an evening of beauty is just what the dr. ordered!

Happy Hump Day All!

Much Love,

Miss Amber Lane

2 comments:

MrsMc_B said...

I just finished the new Bushnell book. I don't think she is a great writer either, but if you are a SATC fan you will LOVE the way it ends!

Megan said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the finger/toe problem.