Wednesday, November 4, 2009

With The Fishies



Today I really wanted to sit at home with my prescriptions and cranberry juice.


Instead I had one heck of a busy day. I arrived at work just before 9am and immediately began gathering a group of residents and loading them onto the bus to go to the Newport Aquarium. All together 12 residents attended and 3 team members including me. It was quite the adventure- let me tell you. Logistically speaking it was a nightmare with nowhere to park, multiple elevators, and a ton of walking. Bathrooms were also few and far between and there were school groups there that got some of my resident's feathers in a ruffle -but everyone seemed to really have a good time other than that so it was definitely worth it!

Here are a few pictures of the fishies and critters we saw. I wish I could show you pics of the residents- after all they are the best part- but unfortunately HEPA says no.

So instead I give you:

Fishies:



Turtles:




Alligators:




Froggies:


(My super cute assistant - you can't tell in this pic but she's almost 6 mos. preggo- she won't be able to lay on things like that for much longer- her belly will be too big!)

Jellyfish:


Penguins:



And one tired Activities Director with a monster headache (courtesy of antibiotic side effects and a stressful day!)



After the aquarium we all had lunch at Big Boy then went back to the community to finish up the day.

As soon as I got home tonight Boo and I hopped in the car and drove up to IKEA to buy a new desk for downstairs- its not the color I wanted and its a little bigger for the space than I thought would look good so I'm waiting to see how it works out.

Ben put the desk top together tonight but I have to wait for him to borrow tools from his dad to put the cabinet that will sit next to it together and tighten the legs enough for me to actually sit things on it. Once its all up and running I'll share it with you.

For the rest of the night I'm planning to revel in Wednesday night ABC shows and get some rest. Matter of fact- I may actually go to bed sooner than later- my aching head could use an early siesta.

Happy Hump Day All. Just two more work days before the weekend!

Hooray!

Miss Amber Lane

7 comments:

Lorie said...

I hope you are feeling better!

Jax said...

Agh! That gator looked like it was not in a cage! haha! Nervous! And I really hope you get to feeling better. :)

Anonymous said...

That can be a fun job you have.

Anonymous said...

HI! I have something for you over at my place. Hope your having a great week! = )

JennyLee said...

I hope you're feeling better today! Yesterday was not my best day either...

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

Does it hurt when you go pee? Is that what the cranberry and medicine is all about?

I hatttte bladder infections/ UTI's with a passion. It's the worst feeling in the whole wide world. Get better.

Katy said...

I've always wanted to go to IKEA. You'll have to show us the finished product. :-)