Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sleepy Girl


Somewhere like this is where I need to be right now.
Le sigh. Looks like Heaven.
Last night Emily and I went to a benefit for a guy that went to the same high school as me, and Emily dated briefly in college. He had a brain anurism a few weeks ago and passed away leaving a small son - the money from the benefit will go to help support him. It was a great turn out- very well attended. We stayed there long enough for a drink and to share our regret before feeling too claustrophobic and deciding to reconvine at another local establishment for additional cocktails.
Emily was drowning her sorrows in glasses of Chardonnay and I was keeping her company with Vodka Cranberries. I had about 3 but that was enough to make me giddy. I slept until 10:30 so you would think I would be well rested.
Wrong. I'm super groggy. Not hungover, just blah. I didn't come in to work today until 12:30 but I have to be here until 9:30 so I have a feeling this day is just going to drag.
In other news....
I did call the police yesterday to report the message. A "log" was made about my complaint but I was pretty much informed that without knowing who it is, there isn't any action that can be taken.
Pretty much my only option is changing my cell phone number.
If the calls continue I probably will for now I'm just going to ride it out.
Well, for now I'm going to run. Its almost time for social hour here and I need to go be sure that everything is going as planned.
Ciao Bellas!
Miss Amber Lane

No comments: