Friday, August 22, 2008

My Cast of "Characters"

To put names with faces here are the people I will talk about most frequently. Also had I realized that I would not be able to rearrange the order of the pictures once they were posted this post would have a bit more of a fluid structure (ie friends and family) however, since I did not what you will find is a mess.

Oh well. Everything can't be perfect.

Here we go.

Rachel


Rachel and I met when I changed high schools my junior year. It took us a little while to become friends but once we did....watch out! We have been known to buy sparkely shoes, get Cadillacs stuck on big rocks, and go in search of Harolds (our name for everyone lawn gnome). This picture was taken the summer after our sophomore year in college as part of a montage known as "Blondes Having More Fun". Rachel has since gone back to her dark roots and moved with her bf of nearly four years, Brett to Baton Rouge. I miss her but we still chat via blackberry messenger frequently and visits will commence soon!


The Girls


You will see at least one of these girls a bit later in more detail. This picture was taken on Navy Pier in Chicago when we were there for Kristen's bachelorette party in May. I have known Kristen since first grade and though we are not always the closest (especially since her move with her now husband, Rich) we are family. I am also good friends with Jackie and Rae-Leigh as I have known them since first grade and early high school respectively. I consider them close friends yet you won't hear me talk about them often From left you have Megan, Katie (Kristen's sister in law) moi, Kristen, Jackie, Linda (Kristen's mom) and Rae-Leigh.


Ma Mere

Though I have two sisters- they are 18 and 20 years older than me so I grew up with just mom at home. We are probably one of the closest mother-daughter pairs you will meet. She's my number one dining out buddy among other things. This pic was taken about 7 years ago in Florida...but its one of my faves.


The Family

This picture was taken the day after my grandfather's funeral in 2004 at the Olive Garden. You won't often hear me talk about everyone in this picture but I love it because we rarely all get together. From top left: Johnny (1st cousin), Connie (aunt), Cindy (1st cousin), me, Zack (2nd cousin) Greg (2nd cousin) Diana (sister), Denise (sister), Mom, and Becky (aunt). Missing from this of course are many other cousins and an Aunt and Two Uncles. Mostly when I talk about my family it will be about my mom and sisters and sometimes Aunt Becky and her kids.


Nephews

You will also hear me talk about these two. The nephews. One from each sister. This picture was taken last Thanksgiving. Devin is on the left he is 13 now and an avid skateboarder, he is also freakishly talented at all types of music and very tall (he is several inches taller than his 5'3 aunt at present). The one on the right is Calvin he is active in a drama program and likes to read. I am proud of both of them and love them like crazy. I only wish I had more time to spend with each of them because they are growing up so fast!


The Babies: Izzy


This is Izzy. Before Ben and I moved in together we each took a kitten from the litter my crazy cat Chloe had after she went to live with my mom. Izzy was mine and you can tell. She is a princess and she knows it. She is not at all shy and is known for prancing into the lap of anyone who sits in our home whether she has been invited or not. She gets away with it though because she's cute and sweet and doesn't have an attitude about it. She's perfect and she knows it but she won't make you feel less than. ( :


The Babies: Zoey

Zoey was Ben's cat before we moved in together and she definitely has his personality. She's a tad lazy and not as outgoing as Izzy but she is a total sweetheart. She is also the biggest of the three and though she rarely throws her weight around when she's had enough of our sisters she lets them know. Zoey is best known for waking us up on the weekends when we sleep past her normal feeding time- with her incessant meowing and pawing until her dish has been filled and all is right with the world again.


The Babies: Bryndel


Bryndel came to us from the same litter as Izzy and Zoey but almost by accident. My mom was moving and only wanted to take one of the two remaining kittens (crazy Chloe had long since run off) so she asked my sister and myself to take her to a no-kill shelter. Well when we tried the shelter informed us that they were full and we would have to find another place for her. "Temporarily" I brought Bryn home to stay with us and after a week she was family. The other two accepted her back within no time even after a year apart so we decided to keep her. Unlike the other two Bryndel is very shy and only takes up with us and by us I mean mostly me. She has a big mouth and will tell you when she's not happy. Bryndel is happiest when we are in bed and she can curl up on my feet.


Megan


Best friend since 2nd grade with the odd year here and there in college during an awkward transition period for us. That and Megan and Ben dated in high school and there was so animosity when Ben and I started dating sophomore year in college. Like good friends do- we worked it out in time and though we thought it would never happen we are as close if not closer than we were before. This picture was taken after Kristen's rehearsal dinner on Megan's porch. We had been hitting the wine a bit too hard but its still a pretty cute pic. I'm a fan. Some of my fave Meg memories involve our trip with my mom to Florida in 4th grade, getting "drunk" the first time in my basement, when we looked so much alike people thought we were twins, her mom Diane (who passed away in 2005) and so much more.


The Boyfriend

Ben is not only my bf but my bestest friend too. We have been together since Feb. of 2004 and friends since 1997 when we met in band. I played the flute and he played the trombone. This picture was taken a few weeks ago during my 24th bday celebration. I know you can't really tell much about him from this picture but its the most recent one we have together. I'm sure there will be more in the near future. We share many interests but to name just a few Bengals Football, Dexter, Jon and Kate + 8, going to bars, movies, etc.


Jen

Jen and I have been friends since 7th grade with a few time lapses. Jen is the "old married woman" of the group. She and Scott have been married since 2006 and they have two kids Makayla and Aiden. Jen was around during my "wild child" stage when I was 16. I could never go back there but the memories sure are fun! Working at our local waterpark, shopping (or shop lifting as it were when I was 16) road trip to Virginia Beach, getting our belly buttons pierced and matching our clothes but in different colors....ah to be 16.


Jess

Jess and I met in college. We were both drama majors and though I was a year ahead we became fabulous friends through the touring children's theater group we were in. Jess is so much fun and so stinking smart its ridiculous- she is in her second year of grad school for costume design in Arizona so I don't get to see her too often anymore either. Some of my favorite memories of Jess involve bar hopping in Finland, stealing a little man from in front of the art building at Miami, and going on a spur of the moment trip to Myrtle Beach the weekend before finals.


Emily

I also met Emily in college through the theater department. What's funny though is that our whole lives we've lived about 7 miles apart and run in social circles that at times over-lapped but we never met. We are still very close today although Emily has recently begun dating Stephen pretty seriously and doesn't have as much time to just hang out anymore- but let's be honest who does? This pic was taken on Halloween last year. I was Eve (yes Ben was Adam) and Emily went as a Bengals Kitty. We live for Halloween and have already begun planning next year's costumes. We also share a love for upscale cosmetics and designer clothes, shoes, etc.

There you have it. This list is of course not all inclusive there are many other people who are important to my life and that you will hear about them. As I write about them I will try to post a photo- its fun to get a face to the name.

Ciao for now!

Miss Amber Lane

No comments: