Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Day Challenge Days 13 & 14

Goals:

I'm not much of a long term goal setter...probably something I should work on but I'm kind of a live in the here and now kind of girl. Odd because in everything else I'm so methodical and well planned.

The goal I've kept the best - maybe in all my life  - is my weight loss goal. I originally set out to lose 35 lbs and have since lost somewhere in the 55 lb area. My "ultimate" goal is to drop down another 7 (give or take) to bring my total weight lost to 64 lbs.

People have been telling me lately that this last little bit must be for vanity because THEY can't see where I need to lose more- but I know that this last little bit will be completely healthy for me especially since the first 45 or so seemed to just fall off and the last 10 I lost hung on for dear life so I know this last 9 is going to take some time and a lot of work!

So there's a goal. Get to the 64 lbs lost mark ( and keep it off)

More generally than that:

1. Be successful and respected in my new community
2. Pay down debt with my husband, pay off his parents and actually start padding our savings
3. Buy a house
4. Travel LOTS more
5. Own a Louis Vuitton Bag (not on credit)
6. Christian Loubitan sky high black pumps MUST BE MINE SOMEDAY!
7. Become fluent in another language
8. Write a novel
9. Star in a musical
10, Babies? Someday?
11. Learn to play the guitar and piano
12. Be financially sound
13. Make sure my our parents are well taken care of throughout their lives
14. Have a wonderful marriage that withstands the obstacles of life

And I could go on and on. Not that these are SMART goals (you know specific, measurable, etc.) but they are goals- and when the time is right... I'll either figure out a way to achieve them- or move on. That's just the kind of girl I am.

A Picture I Love:

I had no idea what picture I was going to use here until this morning when I logged into Facebook and I discovered that my uncle had posted this picture of me to my wall:


I have NEVER seen this picture before and right off the bat of course I thought it was stinkin' cute. Then as I studied it more I fell in love with it.

Look how happy. Unashamed, unassuming, head thrown back, chipmunk teeth baring, chunky, little happy, curly headed baby. It almost brings tears to my eyes thinking about it- I love what this picture captured in me and I am so glad I have it to remind me forever.

I actually think I'm going to get a print of it and frame it in my office- because I don't think I'll ever be able to look at it without grinning from ear to ear.

Never saw it before today...but yes, I love this picture.

Much Love Always!

Miss Amber Lane

5 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

All of those things on your list are great. That picture.... too cute!!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Your weight loss story always inspires me. I really need it right now. I'm in a bad funk with food!!! Need to snap out of it ASAP!

SkinnyMeg said...

Why are those last few pounds SO FREAKING HARD TO LOSE :) Ugh!!!! I super love adore that pic of you, I would totally frame it!

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

I'm inspired by the weight loss story, too... like the other OTHER Amber said.

It's amazing. I swear I'm going to pick your brain after I have the baby. I'll have some pounds to drop fo sho. ;)

And you should def. write a novel! I would certainly be your editor and read a chapter at a time if you'd let me. Mwah!

Just Jinny said...

PPPsssttt..where are you?