Friday, March 5, 2010

A Day In the Life of Miss Amber Lane

Trying to get back in the swing of blogging regularly and thought I would join back up with the ladies at Kelly's Korner to; "Show You My Life". This week is " A Typical Day in the Life"....

Since there is really no "typical" day with my job I thought I would share my day today - its about as close to typical as possible:

7am: Alarm clock went off, I hit the snooze and went back to sleep for about another 20 minutes or tried to...babies usually take this time to sneak into bed for morning snuggles making it about impossible for actual sleep

7:30: Popped in a dvd of Girls Next Door and switched on commentary as I set about my morning routine which includes: tooth brushing, face washing, make-uping, hair styling, dressing. When its all said and done I kiss Bennyboo good-bye (he's usually just beginning to pull himself out of bed) and head downstairs

8:15: Ate a banana and made my way out to the car.

8:25 Stopped for gas, realized I didn't have my glasses (and thus parked almost too far for the pump to reach) and called Ben to see if they were at home- they were- so I had to drive back to get them

8:40: Back on the road after retrieving glasses

(On most days I stop at Starbucks next but since I was already running behind- I skipped it today)

9:25: Pulled into work and started my work day: Signed resident's up for massages, hunted down a glass of iced tea, went to a morning meeting,returned a couple phone calls, led exercise, conducted trivia, popped popcorn.....

11:30 Quickly ate a left over piece of fish and what was left of plain mashed potatoes and green beans (about a tbs of each...so hungry the rest of the day ) : )

11:45 Left the building to shop at Target for bird food, party plates and napkins, electric shavers, and aromatherapy bath & body goodies.

12:30 Went to Kroger's to pick up (giant) pre-ordered cake for welcome party for new coordinator. While there picked up diet coke and Brides magazine for self.

1:00 Returned to work, helped clean up puke from a sick resident, discovered a toilet that needed to be plunged IMMEDIATELY, helped when a resident fell in the living room, provided transportation for a resident being discharged from hospital, etc. etc. etc.

3:00 set up a wine and cheese social, played a Glenn Miller CD, chit-chatted

4:00 Set up the refreshments for welcome party, left final instructions for party and evening activities

4:45 Left for home: called Bennyboo, called Mom

5:30 Arrived home, had a snack, watched Friends, ate dinner (whole wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce, cauliflower and fat free cottage cheese...don't ask- its yummy to me)

7:30 Watched Jeopardy

8:00 Boo and I got into bed to watch TV, play PSP (he) and Blog (me)

The end. Hmph. I'm tired. Mayhaps I should go to bed instead of just laying in it!

Happy weekend!

Much Love Always,

Miss Amber Lane

No comments: